Psi Chi, the National Honor Society in Psychology, was founded in 1929. The Oglethorpe chapter began in 1985 and continues to be active on campus. In the past, Psi Chi has hosted psychology movie nights, game nights and organizational events for members only (e.g., Halloween parties, end-of-year picnics, and lecture series). Induction into Psi Chi occurs at the end of every spring semester.
To become a member, you need the following qualifications:
- be enrolled as a major or minor in a psychology program
- have completed at least 3 semesters or equivalent of full-time college coursework
- have completed at least 12 semester hours of psychology courses
- have earned a cumulative GPA that is in the top 35% of your class (sophomore, junior, or senior) compared to your classmates across the entire university (minimum GPA of 3.0 on a 4-point scale)
- have a minimum 3.4 GPA average for psychology courses
If you meet these qualifications, you will be contacted in the spring and asked to fill out an application. For more information about Psi Chi, visit psichi.org or email Dr. Hayes, the chapter advisor, at firstname.lastname@example.org.